Preparation of the Risotto:
- 250g of round rice (Arborio for example)
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped (finely chopped)
- 1 small glass (5cls )of white vermouth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75cls of prepared poultry broth
- 2 tablespoons of double (thick) cream
- 40g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- Espelette or Cayenne salt and powder
- 24 scallops
-12 thin slices of Bacon
- salt and pepper from the mill
- olive oil
The risotto will be prepared the day before
1) In a saucepan, boil the chicken stock and hold it close to you because it will then be used to make the risotto.
2) In a thick-bottomed saucepan, gently heat your 2 spoons of olive oil, then add the chopped onion and sweat without colouring for 1 minute, then pour in the rice and wrap it in the fat, sweating it too for 2 minutes.
3) Add the glass of vermouth (or cooked wine) and for another 2 minutes let the rice improve with this addition. Add a ladle of broth, cook until the rice absorbs the liquid and repeat until you run out of broth. Overall time between 18 and 20mins.
4) Adjust the seasoning by not salting too much (use parmesan cheese). Add a little Espelette or Cayenne powder, the 2 spoons of cream, then the Parmesan cheese, and finally very quickly pour in your egg yolks and stir with a wooden spatula.
5) Dispose of on a plate. Let cool then film and put this plate in the fridge for the night.
The next day ½ time before dinner
1) Turn on your Plancha grill.
2) On a board put your slices of Bacon stacked one on top of the other then with a sharp knife cut strips of 2 to 3 cm wide uncouple them and put them to grill on one side of the Plancha grill. When they are almost dry, remove them and place them on a plate on absorbent paper.
3) On a cutting board, cut your scallops into large pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Put a little olive oil on the Plancha grill and roast your small scallop squares, stirring constantly, the cooking time should not exceed 1 minute and then skim with a skimmer made as for the bacon strips. Dispose of them on absorbent paper on a plate.
4) Take your risotto plate out of the fridge and then with a large spoon. Make 6 balls, then on the board model so that we have 6 patties of a dozen centimeters in diameter. Put a drop of oil under each and place your patties on the Plancha grill. With a large spoon, spread the scallops evenly over the patties by pushing them into them.
5) Cook for 5 minutes on this side and then carefully with a spatula, turn them over and re-floor for another 5 minutes. Serve in the centre of each plate and then at the last moment top the patties of the grilled bacon strips arranged harmoniously. As far as I'm concerned, I'd serve this nice hot dish with a small coulis of fresh spicy tomatoes very cold around it (for contrast).
What can I tell you: May the crispness of the pancakes and the softness of the inside in communion with the smoky taste of the fried bacon give this new recipe all its nobility.
Cooking recipe by Patrick Asfaux for Vivaplancha.com