Pancakes are very easy to make on the Plancha grill when the plate is hot, you pour a small ladle that spreads a little bit and then cook for 2 minutes on each side and serve with a little icing sugar on top.
However, we can make much more original ones by starting by making salty ones for example that will surprise your guests.
But for that you need a basic recipe so I will present them in their 2 versions: sweet and salty.
- 300g of flour
- 2 sachets of baking powder
- 3 whole eggs
- 60g of melted butter
- ½ litre of milk
- salt, ground pepper
- and a grated nutmeg
1) In the middle of a large bowl put your flour and mixed yeast sachets in the middle, then make a small well in the middle (fountain). Add the fine salt (5grs), a good turn of white pepper from the mill and a grated nutmeg, then add in the center the 3 beaten eggs in omelette, the melted butter and a little cold milk. Stir well with a whisk and gradually add the rest of the milk. Cover with a cloth and let stand ½ hour.
Now I'm going to give you some ideas to make your Pancakes completely original but of course they're only brief approaches and the chef inside you will quickly find other finishes.
1) 1st Suggestion: add small cubes of smoked salmon (about 60grs) to this dough. Cook and serve, for example, with a small cucumber salad with cream and fresh mint.
2) 2nd Suggestion: Cut scallops or scallops into small squares, fry them for 2 minutes on the Plancha grill with a drop of olive oil and a little garlic, then add them warm in your Pancakes batter. Make your Pancakes and serve with, for example, a Roquette salad seasoned with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
3) 3rd suggestion: You take shrimp tails or peeled langoustines. Grill them on the Plancha grill for 2 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and Espelette chilli powder. Then cut them into large cubes and add them to the dough.
Serve for example with a well seasoned spinach sprout salad with a few diced apples added inside. (you can also do it with an electric mixer)
For the sweet Pancakes recipe you make the same dough by removing the pepper (salt 2grs) and adding 2 sachets of vanilla sugar.
Sauté crushed hazelnuts in a frying pan (without fat).
Grill them (roast them) Drain them on absorbent paper.
Cook your Pancakes and once turned over, put a spoonful of Nutella on each pancakes. Add a few roasted hazelnuts.
2nd suggestion Cut banana slices.
Grill them quickly by sweetening them with brown sugar and a dash of Amber Rum and then install them harmoniously on your Pancakes.
You cook your Pancakes and then put on a large spoon of vanilla chestnut cream and serve it with a good Whipped Cream.