- 4 firm porcini mushroom heads
- 4 slices of raw duck foie gras, about 50g thick
- 3 soft caramels ½ salt (Dupont d'Isigny for example)
- salt and ground pepper
- 8g of pepper miniature (crushed pepper)
1) Turn on your plancha grill.
2) Put your slices of foie gras in the freezer to stay 15 minutes.
3) On your plancha grill not too hot put a few drops of olive oil and put your 4 mushroom heads on the flesh side for 5 minutes.
4) At the end of this time turn them over, add salt and pepper and cook your slices of frozen duck liver for 2 minutes on each side.
5) While the 2 recipes are cooking, place your caramel squares in a very small saucepan and melt them on the side of your griddle.
6) Assembly: Remove your cep shells that are cooked. Place the slices of foie gras on top and then with a small spoon, sprinkle with a little melted caramel. Top it off with a little pepper miniature.
And then if you want to make a real "different" meal out of it, serve it with a green lentil salad seasoned with walnut oil, wine vinegar, chopped shallots and a few bacon of smoked breast.
You serve this COLD salad at the bottom of each plate and you install in the center your very hot mushroom shell you will find by tasting and closing your eyes this flamboyant contrast.
Cooking recipe by Patrick Asfaux for Vivaplancha.com