- 16 slices of crumb bread, trimmed (without crust)
- 2 slices of thick white ham (2cms)
- 4 bananas not too ripe
- 1 good glass of Amber Rum
- cayenne or Espelette pepper salt (or spicy oil)
1) Turn on the plancha.
2) On your board cut your 2 slices of ham into 4 squares each (8 pieces) and clear on a plate.
3) Peel your bananas and slice them into thin slices and place them on a plate.
4) On the griddle set up your 16 slices of sandwich bread and toast the 1 minute on each side when they have taken on colour, clear them on a plate.
5) On one side of the Plancha dispense your banana slices, salt and pepper with cayenne or a little spicy oil, drizzle with amber rum, stir well for 1 minute and spread them on the side.
6) Install the 8 ham squares on the other side of the Plancha and just heat them for 20 seconds on each side.
Put your toasts back on the griddle and spread all the roasted banana slices over the 16 pieces.
Then on 8 only add your ham squares and cover them then with the other 8, press a little on top so that the flavors mix.
Cut your "bites" diagonally and push in a small spade to hold and surprise your guests with this simple little recipe.
Serve with a small glass of very fresh agricultural rum or a good Bandol rosé, for example.
Cooking recipe by Patrick Asfaux for Vivaplancha.com