- 4 large slices of country bread, cut about 25 cm thick and cut in half
- 8 very well cleaned Bresse poultry (or farm chicken) blond livers separated in 2 and the small central nerve removed
- 2 sweet onions (Roscoff style) peeled and finely sliced
- 5cls of Jurançon or Sauternes
- Xeres vinegar
- olive oil
- fleur de sel and pepper miniature (crushed pepper)
1) Turn on the plancha grill
2) On a part of the plancha put a few drops of oil and place your chopped onions, salt, and pepper with freshly ground pepper, and put on a snack for 3 minutes.
3) On the other side of the plancha grill put your 8 half slices of bread to toast for about 2 minutes on each side.
4) Meanwhile, pour a few drops of olive oil in the center put your livers blond to roast salt and pepper 1 minute on each side sprinkle a few drops of vinegar from Xeres then remove them on the side.
5) Your onions will have taken on a slightly golden color, then add the Jurançon, stirring constantly so that its taste penetrates well.
On each plate very hot 2 half slices of toasted country bread ,spread with the onion compote and the 2 half livers roasted by sandwiches then on top a little flower of salt and pepper miniature.
This recipe must be prepared as soon as possible and in no more than 10 minutes.
It can be served with a well seasoned watercress salad, for example.
The ideal would be to eat these sandwiches by hand by biting and crunching them in different textures (toasted bread, softness of the onion compote, resistance of the blond livers and finally crackles under the teeth of the grains of salt and pepper miniature)
The highlight: With a glass of fresh Vic-Bilh Pacherenc
Cooking recipe by Patrick Asfaux for Vivaplancha.com